How To Save Money On Your Cleaning Bill
Saving money is something every household tries to do especially in this difficult economical situation. Saving money from cleaning is easy with few tips which you might find useful.
- Whichever cleaning product you use, make sure it will do the cleaning properly, so you don't have to reapply additional quantity of the product.
- You may find the washing up liquid useful to clean certain areas around your home. The kitchen worktops, the hobs, the kitchen cupboards, the skirting boards and the doors at your house could be cleaned with it and it successfully removes dirt and grime. It could also be used to remove stains from clothes before put for washing - just rub a drop of washing up liquid on the stained area and wash as normal. You can also prepare a mixture of warm water with little bit of washing up liquid to treat your carpets.
- You can save energy when doing your laundry - wash a full load rather than washing just few items. You will save money as you save energy.
- As today's laundry detergents are concentrated, it isn't necessary to use a huge amount of detergent each time you do the laundry. Use as much detergent as you need as any excessive amount you use is wasted money.
- Save money from your water bills. Do not let the tap water running when you don't need it. Save rain water and use it to water your plants.
- Do not always believe that green cleaning products are cheaper than the stuff national commercial cleaning contractors use. For example to remove the lime scale of your bathroom, you will need the juice of at least 5-6 lemons which cost more than the amount of the lime scale remover you will use for one cleaning session when bought from the supermarket.
- Always use the right cleaning product for the right surface. You will save money from damaged surfaces if you apply the cleaning product according to its instructions. Do not believe that natural cleaners like vinegar and lemon juice could be used on any surface. Due to their acidic structure, they are harmful for granite and marble surfaces.
- Use discount vouchers when buying cleaning products. Your tightened household budget can really benefit from buying discounted products or using coupons. When you notice a certain promotion, buy multiple products and store them for later use. This is a real saving although you will spend more money now to buy the products.
- Multipurpose cleaners are useful as you can clean different types of surfaces with them. Instead of buying few cleaning products for the different kinds of surfaces, you can buy a combined cleaning product which will save you money. You should however have in mind that multipurpose cleaning products might not remove very stubborn stains and dirt from certain surfaces. They could surely work to disinfect areas around your home.
- Clean a little bit every day. This will save you efforts and time which also means you will save money!