One job that I hate to do is clean the bathroom. Why? Because with everyone in my house is using it and because of this the bathroom is constantly getting dirty. Everyday it becomes necessary to make cleaning the bathroom a daily chore. It is a dirty job, and I am the one who is stuck doing it.
Cleaning the bathroom is my least favorite cleaning chore in the house. Scrubbing the toilet, cleaning dried up toothpaste, emptying the trashcan. It not fun at all. I rather take the garbage out on a cold winter day!
Nevertheless, someone has to it. A room needs to constantly be maintained to keep our families healthy. Germs and viruses cover the bathroom. The sink contains over 5000 germs and viruses alone.
If you are having trouble getting started, knowing what to use, or knowing what to do, there is help. Me!
Bathrooms need to be cleaned often. Unlike other rooms in your home, they cannot be just “picked up” and still be considered clean. An agenda I created will help make bathroom cleanup quicker and easier. You will be able to maintain the cleanliness of the bathroom without spending hours scrubbing and disinfecting. These tips can help to teach your children the necessities of a clean bathroom without cleaning all day.
Here is how:
1. Grab your supplies: Having the supplies for cleaning the bathroom all together at the beginning of the job is essential to avoiding distractions. Running downstairs to grab the broom, might make you wonder if the mail has come yet. When you check the mail, you decide to file some of it. A letter reminds you to call a family member. Before you know it, the bathroom is the last thing on your mind.
2. Grab all dirty clothing and put it in a hamper: Do not worry about anything except the dirty clothes. Do not interrupt your clothes-gathering mission by throwing away trash or putting away bottles of shampoo. Only worry about the dirty clothing. Do not bother trying to turn socks right side out or unfold pant legs. Just throw it all in the hamper or basket.
3. Grab all trash and put in the trash can: Again, focus only on the trash.
4. Take a disinfectant wipe down the sink and tub: Our goal here is to get the sink and tub presentable. Casually wipe down the tub. You may need to spend more time on the sink.
5. Using a toilet brush and toilet cleaner, briefly scrub out the inside of the toilet: This is not a full out scrubbing of the toilet. We are maintaining from the last time we scrubbed, or quickly getting it presentable enough for unexpected guests.
6. Using a disinfectant wipe, wipe down the outside of the toilet: Using the wipe it will not take long to briefly run over the outer surface of the toilet. You can quickly scrub out the most obvious dirt.
7. Using glass cleaner or vinegar, wipe down the mirror: I like to put a little time into this task even when I am in a hurry. Guests will probably spend the most time examining themselves in your mirror. They will inevitably notice dinginess and streaks.
8. Pickup all the items belonging in another room: Put them in a basket, box, or bag.
9. Return items that belong in the bathroom to their proper places: Do not take time to reorganize the medicine or linen cabinets. Just place the items back where they belong. Leave organizing for when you have more time.
10. Sweep or mop: Briefly sweep the floor. Worry about the main traffic area. If you have a Swifter, Ready mop, or something similar, it can take just a few seconds to mop.
11. Put away your supplies: Do not forget to take 3 seconds to marvel at your efficiency.
- Making these steps a routine maintenance for the bathroom will make each cleaning go a lot faster.
- Disinfectant wipes can be expensive to use.
- Having all your bathroom supplies for this job stored together can make the job easier. If you have to hunt all over the house for supplies, you will eat away your time and make the job much longer. Be cautious about storage of dangerous chemicals where children or pets can reach them