I Thought Finding a Reliable House Cleaner Was Easy… I couldn’t Have Been Further From the Truth
There are many service comparison websites (actually they are popping up like mushrooms after rain) but I have not yet found a proper place to find recommended domestic cleaners in London. It turns out that hiring someone to do house chores for you is not as easy as it seems on the surface. Actually it is easier said than done. This is a personal service that requires approval and trust. You don’t just let anybody in your home and ask them to start cleaning.
Nowadays we live in a society that forces us to constantly be on the go. Most families have both spouses working. People are constantly travelling, many work long hours including the harsh amount of time that commuting takes from us. By the time people get home, they do not have much time left over to clean their own homes any more. Do you really want to spend your weekends the only free time you have cleaning? So what do we do? We hire house-cleaning services to help clean our homes.
However, many people like myself are fussy whom we choose to be our housekeeper/cleaner. We do not want to spend our hard working money on someone that is not going to make a house sparkle. So what do you do to help you find the right domestic company for your home?
If you are one of the many people looking for “someone to clean my home” I have some tips for you that will help you choose the right house cleaning service for you and your home.
- Create a list of rooms and things you want done in your home by the home helpers. For example, do you want help with your laundry? My mother-in law has a housekeeper come in and fold her clothes into a perfect square. I never saw laundry folded so perfectly. I thought she was an alien. I do not even want to show you what my folding looks like. Write down which rooms you want cleaned, what items or furniture you want cleaned, like laundry, floors, carpets, ceilings, dishes. You can even decide on whether you want the maid firm you hire to make beds.
- Next to your list write down the price, you would be willing and can afford to pay for the house cleaning services. There are many house-cleaning services. You need to find one that is right for you and matches closely with what your needs are.
- Make a list of potential businesses who offer residential cleaning to hire by (ours being number one!) But seriously, ask for recommendations from friends and/or neighbours who use such services.
- Use the classifieds and the telephone directory under “cleaners-domestic”. Also using the internet (yes, I keep forgetting we are in the 21c.) you can search for various keywords such as: “best home cleaners in London”, “how to find a reliable local domestic cleaner” or “London top cleaning agencies“
- Most London cleaning businesses offer free consultations. Contact the company that appeal to you and set up appointments. During these appointments you can find out what services they offer, what they charge, as well as get an idea of there personality, attitude and professionalism. Don’t forget to ask for their insurance details – what amounts does it cover, is it comprehensive/accidental damage only, when does it expire and can the agency provide a written copy of the policy document.
Make life easier for you. In the complex society that we live in one need to make life easier not more stressful. Reduce the stress in your life. Hire a cleaning service and take all the credit for your clean home. When your friends ask, “how do you keep your home so clean, you’re always so busy?” You reply, “It’s hard but someone’s got to do it!”