There’s nothing like a Jacuzzi to relax and unwind in. Unfortunately, cleaning one is quite a strain. You probably leave this to your home cleaning agency but what happens if you have unexpected guests and the agency’s next visit won’t be until after the guests arrive? Can you manage to clean it yourself? You can, but it won’t be easy. The steps you need to take are given below but if you feel that anything is beyond you, don’t even try – call for a professional cleaner.
* First turn off all the electricity to the Jacuzzi
* If you have a submersible pump, place it in the deepest part of the tub and turn it on to drain out the water. Make sure you follow all the safety instructions.
* If you don’t have a pump you can use the old siphoning method, but it will be very slow.
* While the tub is draining, start cleaning the cover. Place it on a flat surface and using a non toxic vinyl cleaner start scrubbing one section at a time with a soft brush
* Once it is all clean, rinse and allow it to air dry.
* By this time your Jacuzzi should be empty so its time to get in – cleaning is easier from the inside.
* There will always be some water left at the bottom of the tub and this can be removed by using a few towels.
* You will need a non toxic spa shell cleaner and a scrubbing mitt which you can get at most spa shops.
* Spray the cleaner on one section at a time and start scrubbing with the mitt. Be careful not to scrub so hard that you damage the finish of the interior. Pay special attention to areas like the filter compartment that attract a lot of dirt.
* Once the whole tub is scrubbed clean, rinse the whole inner surface. Make sure none of the cleaner is left on the wall of the tub.
* Once the rinsing is done you will have to get rid of the dirty water that has collected at the bottom of the tub. Use the same method you did when you first drained the tub dry.
* Refill the tub and its ready to use.
It’s always advisable to clean the filter while cleaning the rest of the tub. To do this, follow the manufacturer’s recommendations.