How to Clean a Beer Stain From Your Carpet
Having Fun and Cleaning Floor Covering Up After the Party - Painful
If you are like me - and I like my beer a lot, then you will feel so much related to my pain. It is one of the most annoying things that can happen to a beer lover with a passion for nice quality carpeting to walk barefoot on.
I love beer and I love parties. But hey, what's the worst that can happen when you are having a quiet blokes' beer and pizza assembly before a football match? Nothing really, apart from the beige wool Axminster on the floor needing a thorough steam carpet cleaning. I happen to live in the capital, so finding a reputable recommended carpet cleaning company in London that can do the job is not really a problem. Trouble is my partner wants me to clean up the beer marks on my own as a lesson to being a bit more careful when drinking heavenly beverages while having a ton of fun with the lads. I know, it's a girl thing, isn't it?
When having a home party or you have invited your friends to watch your favourite team's game, beer stains on the carpet are very common. Nobody likes a dirty carpet with several stains which may become permanent if they are not cleaned on time. As soon as the beer has been spilled, you need to act fast if you don't want to ruin the appearance of your flooring. Moreover, because of the beer ingredients, it smells awful when spilled and if not cleaned in the first few hours, it may result in the beer to spoil and the bad smell may turn into a horrible stench.
- The first thing you need to do is to blot the stain with a white towel or a napkin to remove as much moisture as possible from the carpet.
- Prepare a mixture of warm water and few drops of washing up liquid or if you prefer natural cleaning products, you can use white vinegar instead.
- Stir the mixture to make sure it has blended well and you are ready for the cleaning.
- Place a sponge in the bowl where you prepared the solution and let it absorb as much as possible from the solution and apply it on the stain. Do not rub with the sponge as it may worsen the stain.
- Let it sit there for few minutes in order to soak well on the stain.
- Get a white cloth or a towel, place it over the stain and press with your hand to remove all the cleaning agent from your carpet. If the agent has acted well on the stain and has dissolved it, you will be able to remove it by repeating the same procedure few times if there is no result after the first application.
- After the beer has been removed and there is almost no moisture on the carpet, it is time to rinse the cleaning solution as if it dries there, it may also get your carpet to look smeary. Get some cold tap water and apply it on the area where the stain was. Place a dry towel or a rag on the wet area and press to remove the cleaning solution. You may need to repeat this process few times in order to remove everything what is left there.
- The last thing you will want to do is to dry the carpet. You may either leave it to dry itself for few hours or help it dry out quicker with a heater or a hair dryer.
- If after performing these steps you still feel the smell of beer on the carpet, baking soda can absorb the remaining beer odours. Sprinkle few tablespoons of baking soda over the dried carpet and continue using your carpet as normal without bothering of the baking soda. It will only maintain the freshness of your floor.
Following these cleaning tips will hopefully help you get rid of the nasty beer stain and odour and your carpet will look beautiful again.