House Cleaning Before the Party: How To Clean Your Home Before a Party Without Getting Stressed Out
If your one of those people who love to have friends and family over to your home around the holidays or if you love to invite friend and family over to your home on the weekends for dinner and wine then you know that the preparation before the party and the clean up afterwards can be stressful.
You have invited your guests, developed a menu, stressed over activities, and soon guests will arrive at your home ready to be entertained. Despite all other preparations, none is more important than assuring your guests of a comfortable, clean, place to eat and be entertained in.
We all know that we always want to make sure our house is in tiptop shape because we always want others to think the best of us. What if Patricia tells Marie that my home looked dirty?
Taking the time to make your home ready for guests can be intimidating for even the most seasoned house cleaning London optimist. Below I have created some tips and ideas to make it easier for you as you get ready for your house party.
Follow these tips for pre-party cleaning to help you get more out of your event.
- Evaluate what needs to get done. Write down a quick list of rooms and places in your home that need attention will give you a plan. Do not forget entry areas and coat closets.
- Start with the most important rooms. The rooms that company will spend the most time in. Sometimes it helps to begin cleaning from the entryway to your home, and work your way through the places your guests are most likely to go.
- Get rid of the clutter. Clutter can give a spotless home a messy appearance. Give your guests room to move freely in your home. If you are having trouble getting rid of, items ask yourself these questions about clutter. Try to get yourself jump started by choosing a small junk drawer and trying the quick clutter clearing ideas. Do not forget to use the 4-container clutter method to organize any job.
- Take shortcuts that work for you. If there will not be any children at the party and your guests will only be in living areas, do not worry about cleaning and detailing family bedrooms. If the party is informal, make you are serving dishes informal too. Find ways to save time that fit with the party you are trying to have.
- Prepare for minor cleaning emergencies during the party. Be aware that stains are probably the number one party cleanup culprit. Stock up on your favorite stain removal products. Double-check the stain removal help list. Most of all, do not stress. These things happen and being prepared only shows more of your ability as host.
- Employ help. Use your family or closest friends to help you prepare. Find tips on involving your family in cleaning and use them to mobilize your forces at home. Check out our ideas on making chores fun. For many people, professional cleaning help may be the better choice. If you intend to have help before or during the party, be sure to reserve your place as soon as you have the dates and times you will need them. Especially during any holiday season, help can be hard to find.
- Add your own final changes. Preparing your home for a party is more than just stripping it of its clutter and dirt. It also gives you a chance to add small touches that make your home comfortable and inviting. Try flower arrangements, photographs, candles, or incense. Try to stimulate the senses of your guests. Do a walk-through after you have cleaned and uncluttered to see how your guests will experience the rooms in your home.
- Enjoy the party. Once the guests arrive, forget about the home staying spotless. I have never seen a spotless home after a party. That is when we call the cleaning crew in because we know we will be tired from a night of drinking, laughing and entertaining. Try not to stress over the little things that may seem to go wrong during the party. I once went to a party where the host was a neat freak instead of entertaining her friends and making them at home, she ran around the house like a chicken without a head cleaning up every crumb that dropped. The guests after the party conversed and they all said that they felt very uncomfortable. They all felt like they had to sit with their hands folded. It is up to the host to make the guests happy and at home. Just enjoy the party and worry about cleaning later.
Tip for the big day:
The more involved and complicated the party is, the more time you will have to prepare your home. Last minute informal gatherings do not require your home to be in perfect order. Make a list when your planning and organize and create a to do’s list in order according to the responsible you have to accomplish first to last. In addition, do not forget to invite me to the party. Enjoy!
House Cleaning London